We know the ACT inside and out.
Test scores can determine whether or not your son gets accepted to college. One test score can determine whether or not your daughter is awarded a scholarship.
The techniques we use in our one-on-one tutoring and in our group sessions have helped thousands of students increase their scores an average of three points. Five of those students have even received perfect “36” scores.
5 Perfect Scorers:
- Anjali Chadha (duPont Manual)
- William O’Loane (North Oldham)
- Calley Thompson (Louisville Collegiate)
- Joe Shaw (Trinity)
- Nick Sehlinger, (St. Xavier)
We constantly monitor revisions within the ACT structure and update our test prep curricula accordingly.
ACT Group Test Prep
- Our ACT Intensive Courses are available on weekends and weekdays, five to six weeks prior to test dates.
- Students can expect 12 hours of teacher-directed strategy training plus 2 timed practice test sessions. This course provides 20 hours of instruction.
- Class sizes are limited to 24.
- We guarantee an ACT score increase.
- Motivational Instructors
Upcoming Test Prep Courses
- JCPS March 20 Test Date: Classes on Sundays Febuary 25, March 4, 11, and 18, 1:30-4:30 P.M. Timed practice tests March 3 and 17, 10:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
- June 9 Test Date: Option 2 classes daily, June 4, 5, 6 and 7, 9:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. Timed practice tests June 5, 7 and 8* from 1:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M. *6/8 @ 10:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
Click the Register tab to register for these classes.
Most students have the potential to dramatically improve their ACT scores. Students coached in a one-on-one setting generally raise their scores faster and high than students participating only in a group. Group instruction is often a very good “starter” for the test taking process.
Rule of thumb for ACT score increases:
- 1 point – 10-15 hours
- 3 points – 50-60 hours
- 7+ points – 100 hours
- Fall or winter of junior year.
- If taking Algebra II as a junior, wait for the April test date.
If signing up for April, June, or December, check the appropriate box and pay $20 to receive your test booklet and answer sheet. It takes 4-6 weeks after the test date to receive them.
- 3-4 No. 2 pencils (no mechanical pencils)
- Your registration information, printed from the computer
- Your driver’s license or other form of photo ID
- A watch
- Your graphing calculator with fresh batteries
- Snacks and water
- Dress in layers of clothing, in case the room seems hot or cold to you.
- Check WHERE you are supposed to go before the morning of the test!
Earlier this year, we brought our son, Conor, to you because he had been struggling with his ACT scores. We hoped that coming to you would help him achieve a 25 – just one point better – on the ACT. Conor visited Educational Resources just four times over the course of a week and a half prior to his last ACT date. The results were unanticipated and stunning. Conor scored 35 on the reading protion of the ACT – a 14 point increase – and received an aggregate score of 30! He has now been named a recipient of a Trustees Scholarship at UofL (he plans to study medicine) and has been invited to join the Honors Program there as well.
I just want to say thanks again for helping Mary Catherine with her ACT preparation. She was accepted to Notre Dame, Georgetown, UVA, Vanderbilt, and Michigan. She has decided to attend Notre Dame! Please thank everyone who helped tutor her for your great advice!!! Thanks to all of you, she received all of the college acceptances she was striving for!!!!